Salon du Chat is honoured to be featured as part of Mindfield at Electric Picnic again this year. You can see our brand new custom designs for 2019 here and over on Facebook and Twitter. We’re super excited about this year’s EP line-up and here are 10 things that we definitely want to catch!
Top 10 from the Salon du Chat team:
- Going on recent Porto festival experience we would heartily recommend going to see Jarvis again… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6CAwmnDeLw – here he is, in torrential rain giving it socks.
- Florence and The Machine – Get that love and throw your hands up in the air – yes!
- In the running for the Salon ‘band of the festival’ award is Viagra Boys.. a hot tip from Salonista extraordinare Emer Casey. Listen to this LOUD 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjL7D33xpS4
- TPM are playing the Body & Soul and Trailer Park stages this year. Their live shows this summer have been a sight to behold. Would recommend 10/10.
- Pow Pig – we already have the t-shirt so we are in the official fan category. Here they are having a laugh on the banks of the River Shannon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSoQ-NRnq8U
- Lords of Strut – these guys are sunshine on a rainy day, official silver lining on anyone’s cloud and guaranteed to squeeze a smile onto even the stoniest of faces. Get in the mood and check them out here: https://lordsofstrut.com/
The Salty Dog No Stars’ play Lou Reed’s ‘Transformer’ – A group of musicians (including some you may know) get together every year to perform a classic album to close out the Sunday night of the festival.
- Christine and the Queens, if they’re good enough for Glastonbury… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_nwLa1x_8
- serpentwithfeet is a must. One of the most intersting singers to enter the fray warping gothic gospel and soul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4N_lOAieA
- Just Mustard, up there with one of the best bands we’ve seen live this year – gripping stuff on stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPWnjILloRI
- I know we said 10 but we wanted to squeeze one more in… We really want to see Four Tet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBaKmljsaIc
But whatever you do make sure you check out Salon du Chat at Mindfield! Come find us on Friday afternoon, or first thing Saturday and Sunday morning. We’ll have coffee and a brand new menu of conversations. See ye all there!